| Fighting in style. |
This won't be a long post, mostly because there wasn't a whole lot extra after the last photo and the model is now "done". As always, there's more I could do. I could highlight some of the armour more, make certain edges more apparent, that sort of thing, but also that runs the risk of overdoing it. Enough is done to serve as the basis for other 30k Blood Angels characters.
The metallics I think turned out as I hoped. NMM can be overwhelming on occasion, particularly with gold, but the muted colours here don't overtake the red while still allowing me to add some contrast (see the gorget for example).
Focus is firmly on the head, but the eye can wander and appreciate some of the detail. I also like the power sword using Omega Blue (TTC) to edge highlight. I feel there's more to play around with that yet.
The base worked as intended, even if that particular photo angle doesn't show it. The extra highlighting on the "wings" makes them stand out more than just black, and the Retributor Armour over a golden decal on the right pauldron fits by use of a different golden tint to the rest of the armour.
The only real issue I have with the model is that the cast was so detailed that the layer lines from whatever milling machine was used (I doubt this came from a 3D print) are visible up close. It's really the only time I've seen it on Forgeworld resin. I suspect the model was rushed a bit, even if it's a nice design that really fits thematically with the Blood Angels.
Now I'm off for a little, and when back I need to decide what I'll be working on next. Unlikely to be a new model - I really should try clear my works in progress before I start too many more.
-- silly painter.
No comments:
Post a Comment