| Frag it. |
This won't be a long post; mostly this is just to show the frag cannon.
The alternate arm has been painted in line with everything else, but I'm still not sure how to attach it. I could just leave it be: the arms fit snugly together as it is, but there's still that pesky matter of storage. The only real thing stopping me from adding magnets is that I'm not sure how to attach them reliably here; the arms don't have slots for magnets and I would need to build up something with putty - itself would have been more suitable during initial assembly.
There's nothing particularly out of the ordinary for painting the frag cannon arm. Reliable, trustworthy painting already achieved elsewhere, although I'm not sure about the targeting lens. It might look better after varnishing. The ammo feed was actually painted before assembly just to make it easier to reach the storage bin (even if it makes virtually no sense to externally feed the ammo to begin with). The arm is rather surprisingly far more simplistic than it otherwise might seem, and was much easier to paint then anything else. It doesn't hurt that I'm not trying to paint every little rivet a different colour.
This last of the Furioso series that I'm painting is not far off from being done now. There still needs to be a matt varnish over everything, followed by final metallic highlights to restore shine, and final armour edge highlights for definition. I'm sure a few minor details later too (gloss varnish across gemstones and lenses comes to mind). I just need to find the spare time to actually finish everything - and spare time is in very short supply right now.
-- silly painter.
No comments:
Post a Comment